Experience the splendor of the holiday season with the 28th Annual Christmas at the Washington County Historic Courthouse Nov. 20 through Nov. 22, as well as a series of activities during the week leading up to Christmas at the Courthouse.
The schedule for Christmas at the Courthouse is:
• 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 20;
• 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 21; and
• 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 22.
In addition, activities the week before the event will be:
• Monday, Nov. 16 – Sunday, Nov. 22 – Winter Story Stroll at the Historic Courthouse, in partnership with Washington County Libraries.
• Through Nov. 22 – Holiday Wishes Art Gallery – Washington Count Parks invites children of all ages to submit art now through Nov. 22 for the Holiday Wishes Art Gallery. Draw, paint, color, or sketch hopes and dreams for the New Year 2021. The gallery will be on display at the Historic Courthouse throughout December.
• Wednesday, Nov. 18 – Virtual Holiday Tea Program.
• Wednesday, Nov. 18 – Free Children’s Craft Bag pickup in partnership with Gammelgården Museum.
• Thursday, Nov. 19 – Christmas Vendor Pre-Order & pickup Event.
Reservations for Christmas at the Courthouse are required. Reservations for a one-hour shopping session are open online and by telephone at 651-275-7075. See the Washington County website at www.co.washington.mn.us and search “Historic Courthouse events” for more information and the reservation page. The cost is $3 per person.
Wander into a winter wonderland and take in the sights of the season with the Historic Courthouse decorated for the holidays inside and out, while enjoying a one-hour shopping session at the holiday bazaar. Visit with vendors of unique, handcrafted items, tour the exhibits and old county jail, and take photos in the holiday display. Friday evening includes the chance to win door prizes and listen to live music by harpist Karissa Kockelman.
Protocols will be in place in light of the COVID-19 pandemic:
• advance reservations are required due to limited capacity;
• all members of one party must be registered to attend, including children;
• children must be accompanied by an adult;
• attendees must arrive and depart within their scheduled time;
• face masks are required and attendees are asked to follow social distancing guidelines.
In 2020, the event will look a little different compared to years past with the safety of visitors and vendors being the main priority. Review the Event Plan available on the county website for more details on the precautions that will be taken to create a safe and fun environment for everyone.
Proceeds benefit the Historic Courthouse Restoration Fund.
The Washington County Historic Courthouse is at the corner of Pine and Third streets in Stillwater.